Before you get started here are a few things you want to start thinking about
- Decide what property to include in your will.
- Decide who will inherit your property.
- Choose an executor to handle your estate.
- Choose two witnesses and contact them to ask them and set a date
- Choose a guardian for your children.
- Choose someone to manage children's property.
- Sign your will in front of witnesses.
- Store your will safely.
Once you know what you want to include in your Will and who to include in your will you can start writing you will.
Once you have completed your will it is important that you sign your document without delay.
Start by printing out the pdf and calling your witnesses to get together and witness you sign.
They in turn, at the Testator’s request and in the Testator’s sight and Presence. And in the sight of each other, do hereby subscribe their names as witnesses on the date shown on the will.
(This is an important step in guaranteeing the validity of the document
Now that you have signed your Will we recommend you scan the document and upload it to your Wills.com account for safekeeping.
Now that you have safely stored your Will you can rest assured that your wishes will be honored in the future.